Dr. Randles earned his Ph.D. in Wellness from North Dakota State University, Masters of Public Health from A.T. Still University, and his BA in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation from Kansas Wesleyan University. After completing his BA in HPER, he was a substitute PE and Health teacher for USD 501, Topeka, Kansas. He also owned and operated Elite Varsity Sports Performance, where he coached local high school and college athletes to develop and improve their sports agility, speed, and strength.
After completing his Ph.D. from NDSU, he served as the Kansas Department of Health and Environments Physical Activity and Nutrition Program Manager, where he applied expertise in community nutrition to assist local communities in improving access to healthy foods through expansion and improvements to the nutrition environment. He also provided technical assistance expertise in community and public health-based physical activity assessments, and promotion to local communities.
- Ph.D. Wellness - North Dakota State University
- Master of Public Health - A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts- Health, Physical Education and Recreation - Kansas Wesleyan University
- HPER-N220 Nutrition for Health
- EDUC-M359 Health and Wellness for Teachers
- HSC-H322 Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Food Security
- The roles of nutritional environments shape community health.
- Applied dietary interventions and chronic disease
- Healthy classrooms
- Randles, A (2018). Dietary behaviors & perceived nutrition availability of small college student-athletes. The Sport Journal, 20. Published online on May 24, 2018, www.thesportjounral.org
- Randles, A & Liguori, G. (2015). Nutritional information and healthy eating promotions in restaurants according to restaurant type and neighborhood socioeconomic status. International Journal of Health and Nutrition, 6(1), 9-17.
- Randles, A & Liguori, G (2015). The effect of neighborhood socioeconomic status on food selection at neighborhood retail food stores. International Journal of Health and Nutrition, 6(1), 18-25.
- Heinrich, K, Hughey, J., Randles, A., Wall, D., Berkel, L., Eaton, P., Bowles, D., Haddock, C.K., & Poston, W.C. (2010). The Census of Social Institutions (CSI): A public health direct observation measure of local land use. Journal of Urban Health, 87, 410-415.
- R.R., Wier, L.T., Poston, W.S.C., Arenare, B., Randles, A.M., & Jackson, A.S. (2009). The Effect of Habitual Smoking on Measured and Predicted VO2max. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 6, 667-673.
- Randles, A., Clayton, P., & Hoytal, S (2013). Healthful food procurement guide: A toolkit for worksite sodium reduction. Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Bureau of Health Promotion, Topeka, KS 66604.