You can pursue a bachelor’s degree in Elementary, Secondary, or Special Education. You will also have the opportunity to participate in licensure programs for English as a New Language (ENL), Early Childhood Education, and Mild Intervention.
A welcome message to our aspiring teachers
Join us for a quick tour of the Education student experience at IU South Bend. You’ll hear from the Dean, faculty, and your academic advisors!
Available concentrations include:
- Early Childhood
- English as a New Language (ENL)
- Special Education
Content areas include:
- Computer Science
- English Language Arts
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, Earth/Space Science, Physical Science, Physics)
- Social Studies—History with additional concentration in one of the following:
o Geographical Perspectives
o Government & Citizenship
- World Languages (French, German, Spanish)
Students can also add a certification in:
• Special Education or English as a New Language
One-to-One Laptop Initiative
The School of Education One-to-One Laptop Initiative requires all students to purchase a laptop when they take EDUC-W 200 Using Computers in the Classroom. Students should not purchase a laptop before they attend the first session of this class.
Minor in Foundations of Education
Students seeking careers related to education, but which do not require state licensure should consider pursuing a minor in Education.